1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paper's 100th birthday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Mar 13, 2011.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

My paper just celebrated it's 100th birthday inviting the community to drop in and meet writers, take tours of the building, etc. I wasn't there for much of the event, but sounded like it went great...lots of support from our town. When I walked in late after hitting a game there were flower bouquets all over the place from various local readers and businesses, along with some nice cards, etc.

Nice to see that side of things...often it can be difficult answering the phones to cranky parents, etc., and we forget that 99.5 percent of our readers appreciate what we put out.

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Very cool. I really do think readers appreciate the newspaper. It's just the cool thing to say you don't.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Flexmaster, for some reason I'm feeling you DON'T work for my local paper, but today on Page 1 was the fact that it's celebrating its 100th, too.

If you think about it, early 1900s -- there's probably going to be an increasing number of these 100th anniversaries in the next few years.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It would help if these businesses bought more than a 1x2 ad.

Draft saved Draft deleted