1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Paper" related question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CapeCodder, Apr 25, 2007.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

dude, that was the idea. They DID have other fotogs, but he sent HER knowing there was a good chance she'd screw it and he'd be able to avoid the "Gotcha" hed

and yes, that kind of stuff went on

and i like to think that it was just one of those shitty nights in the press room and the Sun caught the bulk of the four-star on a replate plus the final. But that's just me.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Plus, the mother whale in the Ukraine had triplets.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She told me she was on the pill.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

think analyzining The Insider and how Pacino's character used journalistic ethics and rules to the best of his ability to protect his source was much more interesting.

[​IMG]

I mean the movie was a comedy for crying out loud.

5. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Not really a serious discussion--that's why it's posted in the Anything Goes file. (It's sort of like trying to figure out how many home runs Roy Hobbs hit for the Knights...) Anyway, the back page headline was "Jumping For Joy," with a shot of a pinstriped second baseman leaping to cleanly turn a double play. I'm thinking that since the film came out in 1994, maybe it was Pat Kelly? Mike Gallego?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I watched it last night on the HBO17 West and Glenn Close's character said to call the trucks back. So no copies of the wrong headline went out, all the copies were right.
    I was editor of the college newspaper when The Paper came out and we went as a staff to watch it. Good memories.

7. Another hour and you'll see your breath.

8. statrat

statrat Member

This thread is great. Not only is there a discussion of a fictional logistics situation with no clear answer, but we even had a Mike Gallego reference. Fantastic thread!

9. You're not a columnist. You're a reporter who writes long.

Amen and amen.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We reek of opinions.

11. I have no motive for lying.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who the hell took my stapler?

Draft saved Draft deleted