1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paper blurs players who give "shocker" in team photo

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by You're With Me Leather, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Just to clarify, the article posted above was an Omaha World-Herald article about the Carroll paper's handling of the photo, which made for big news in Western Iowa.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because she's a woman. she knows there's still a very important job awaiting the thumb's future. think circular motions.

3. I figured you as more of an alphabet man, Mr. Petty.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it all depends on the la-dy, write. i'm a giver.

5. Me too. If the Red Cross wore panties, I'd be quite the philanthropist.

Heck, screw the Red Cross and the others. Literally. The philandering philanthropist, they'd call me. The bastard son of Bill Clinton and Andrew Carnagie.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

can those of us who know you well call you PP if that's the case?

7. No - you would be omitting my middle name: Cool.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

PCP, daaaaaaaaaaammmmmn.

nice.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So will everybody else eventually.

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

For one, I agree with bigpern and others that I probably would only be using a team photo like that as an absolute last resort in any publication. Secondly, don't you think anyone with even elementary photoshop knowledge could have blurred the hands without blotching out their entire bodies?

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think they didn't want to even recognize the kids who went out of their way to make themselves recognizable.

As for using the photo, we use them. We don't use them as art for a game precede or any real coverage, but they sometimes go in our fb tab. Our ad people cook something up with them on a special ad page, as well.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It could have been a paid advertisement. We run those damn team photos in our preview tab, but it's because they're paid advertisements.

Draft saved Draft deleted