1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paper blurs players who give "shocker" in team photo

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by You're With Me Leather, Aug 30, 2007.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Yes, but with the whole creationism crap spewing forth from Kansas, this school official smells an awful lot like those knuckleheads.

"We're No. 1!"
    "Not in our paper, pal."

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And Carroll is in Western Iowa.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Have your SE/ME call the AD in question. Tell him, "you have four hours, from right now, to assemble the team, in uniform, for another photo. Otherwise, no photo in the paper."

And yes, if it's up to me, we don't run team photos at all.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also think this feels a lot like a conservative religious argument???

What the hell? I don't think I would have blurred the pictures, but I do see the problem. I just wouldn't have solved it that way. I really doubt she'd actually blur out someone giving thumbs up. I'd imagine just said that in some lame attempt to cover her position.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What would be fun is if you found yourself having to explain to your ME what the heck the shocker is.
    "Well, you see, it's two in the pink and one in the stink."

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Don't run the photo. (Don't run team photos on general principle, but I'm guessing that horse has long since left the barn). Never allow anything that has even the remotest chance of blowing up in your face. Seems simple enough.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This didn't blow up in their face. It blew up in the team's face.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Nothing tops the photo I saw of some street festival in a paper (actually saw it in the National Lampoon True Facts book). Showed two dogs in the throes of buttfucking. The standalone header: A family affair. And the photo caption started with A good time was had by all ... You'd hope.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Yearbook-level team photos? No wonder most readers think they can do our jobs.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed everyone now knows the Shocker.

It used to be our little secret.

12. We'll always have Paris ...

Draft saved Draft deleted