1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papelbon throws some high cheese at Manny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

This thread is nothing without pictures Jones.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Also, anyone who thinks Manny wouldn't have played the rest of the season... I have some oceanfront property in Wyoming to sell you.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, he did make Pierre better....by pushing him out of the starting lineup.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight ... Manny can be Manny (a total ass and clubhouse cancer) but Papelbon can't point it out?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

His pointing it out might carry more weight if it wasn't seven months after the fact and Papelbon wasn't a typical "look at me" athlete.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's just Jonathan being Jonathan.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If Papelbon would have said this maybe the week after Manny was traded, it would have been more appropriate. This comment is coming months after Manny was traded and it's not going to change anything that Papelbon is bringing it up now other than just a verbal war between him and Manny that'll eventually blow over next week.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jon Lester had a different perspective on Manny:

Also gone, for good, is Manny Ramirez, who for the first time since 2001 is spending his spring training elsewhere. No one seems to think his absence has had much of an effect on the overall vibe. "Manny didn't say a whole lot in the clubhouse," pitcher Jon Lester said. "He was a pretty quiet guy, kept to himself. Obviously there were some things that were said to the paper, or done, or whatever, that got him in trouble. For the most part, he'd show up, do his work and go home."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ben_reiter/03/12/redsox.postcard/index.html

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I would bet for a lot of people that last sentence qualifies him as an asshole.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and Manny's not that type of athlete

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

The same Manny who'd disappear into the Green Monster merely seconds before the start of an inning or rode into the Dodger's camp today riding a tricycle.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

JC was being sarcastic.

And did you think it was funny when he was taking a leak in the Green Monster? If you didn't, you're among the minority.

Draft saved Draft deleted