1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papelbon throws some high cheese at Manny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Mar 12, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It is, but it's a big difference between December and March.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - at least 4 months. Has Ortiz ever rendered an opinion on Manny's departure? I'd be interested to see if his perspective is the same as Paps.

3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Ortiz in the LA Times, Aug. 31 last year:

For the first time in six years, David Ortiz is not hitting ahead of Ramirez. How does Ortiz like it?

"I got, like, 17 walks on the last road trip," Ortiz said. "What do you think?"

That is less a dissent than an observation. It's been one month since Ramirez and the Boston Red Sox filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. ...

Ramirez wanted out, as he had so many times before. This time, the Red Sox wanted him out.

"I think it is good both ways," Ortiz said. "Manny is happy. No more controversy between him and the team.

"When you don't want to be in a place, you just don't want to be in a place. He was here for eight years. He got tired of being here."

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

David Ortiz is an adult.

5. With all the discussion of the Red Sox spin machine - I'm surprised nobody mentioned the way they smeared Nomar on his way out of town.

Thank God that the Boston sports scene now has Lou Merloni around to tell the truth and cut through the bullshit. Give 'em hell Lou.

6. micke77

micke77 Member

It was refreshing, really, to see a player speak his mind and not back down from it. At least what I had read of this as of last night, Papelbon seemed to be hell-bent in his beliefs that Manny was a "cancer."

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

With the way Papelbon can't shut his yap, he might be one day given Sox management.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

More refreshing to see Manny's response - that he did not care and has moved on. Kind of leaves pap like a yaping dog

Draft saved Draft deleted