1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papelbon the sourpuss.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Maybe the game will go to extras so I can see The Mexicutioner get in :D

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Completely my fault.

I screwed up in attributing you to those posts.

My bad.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No problem. I'm such a pain in the ass, it wasn't an unreasonable assumption. :)

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Annnnnd Rivera will be the MVP.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Francona was asked by the Rays to avoid using Kazmir because of his outing Sunday.

If you're a Yankee fan and that statement pisses you off, then you're simply itching to get pissed off, and it wouldn't matter what he said. He had the fucking temerity to say he wanted to close out the game. and he had the temerity to show up in a Red Sox uniform. STOP THE PRESSES!!! Hes a closer. That's what he does. He wouldn't be an All-Star if he had any other mentality. He was appropriately respectful to Rivera, and I've yet to see where it was required that he be deferential. As firestorm generators go, that's pretty weak. Frankly, if I were him, I'd have been ticked off too at the "Papelbum" headline, which was both out of line and incendiary.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Every time Soria takes the mound, it counts. Think there's no pressure for him to produce a save every time he's on the mound when the wins have come at a premium this decade? The Royals have 43 wins; Soria's got 25 saves in 27 chances. That's a very high percentage of the Royals' wins.

And for the record, I am consistent on this -- I've argued for A-Rod on the "when it counts" debates.

Draft saved Draft deleted