1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papelbon the sourpuss.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Jul 15, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, Rivera had already made the comments that he should get the ball in the ninth. Papelbon was simply responding to that.

When Rivera made his comment, Papelbon hadn't spoken up yet.

But keep on reaching if it makes you feel better.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No AL pitcher other than Rivera should get the ball in a save situation in the 9th. This shouldn't even be a discussion, but the Yankees-Sox bullshit will make it a huge deal.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cito Gaston would get Mo up with three outs in the ninth.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I missed it, but I didn't see a timeline in the story as to who made which comment first. Did you see that somewhere else that Rivera said it first?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think Rivera should pitch the ninth. And that still doesn't mean I didn't want to reach through the radio and throttle Michael Kay this afternoon.

Mr. Yankee was doing the ESPN afternoon show with Van Pelt, and he came off as personally offended that Papelbon or K-Rod would even suggest such a thing. I mean, it's Yankee Stadium, and it's the greatest reliever of all time, and Papelbon's just jealous, and he's younger, and ... and ... it's Yankee Stadium!!

Exhibitions like this is why people start rooting hard against New York teams, the idea that there's the Yankees and 31 other useless opponents.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

With every passing day I find it harder and harder to believe that Michael Kay was ever a "journalist."

but it pays the bills.

7. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Yankee fans don't even like Michael Kay. His words shouldn't count towards anything.

8. Papelbon = cock-knocker

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Consider the source. It IS The Boston Herald, after all.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Fixed. Because, after all, this is a story because it's the Sawx and Yanks.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nice touch. My bad.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Would someone please let me know when Soria pitches in a meaningful game once in his career?

Draft saved Draft deleted