1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papa Johns LeBron-priced pizzas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, May 8, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I was just relating the story as it was told to me. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but I'm glad LeBron is happy.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Just saw a local newscast in Northeast Ohio regarding the pizza sale.

Totally embarrassing.

3. joe

joe Active Member

I wouldn't wait 23 seconds for a Papa John's pizza. That fucking shit sucks a dog's ass.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Cincy? WTF? That's like 4+ hours from Cleveland.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Last I heard before I left my shop today, one store in our area had a line of 1,200 people and cops had to be called in after fights broke out over line-jumping. I drove past another store with a line halfway down the block (I'm guessing around 300 people there) at about 2:30 today. I know all the stores around here took their phones off the hook around lunchtime.

The whole thing was just ridiculous. My dad said it best today: "You could be giving out bags of shit, but if you say 'THEY'RE FREE!', then idiots will still fall all over themselves to get one."

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bags of shit?? Free?? Where?!?!!??

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Central Ohio is the rumor. Free gallon jugs of piss, too. Get 'em while they last!

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

The .23 these people are giving out is about .23 more than they are worth.

Has anybody ever had Papa John's pizza?

I think I would rather eat the corn off my toe than saw through one of those pies.

9. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Predictable. I couldn't care less, really.

Now, if you wanted to pass along some bad PR for LBJ (besides shooting 19 percent), try this:
    http://clevescene.com/2008-05-07/news/when-it-comes-to-tipping-lebron-goes-scrooge-mcduck

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jeebus...we can't even have a cheap pizza and free bag of crap thread without pissing matches erupting.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I once filled a pickup bed with free shit while my dad talked to my uncle, who owned the cows that produced said shit. On the way home, he thanked me for my efforts and told me he would unload it. One forkful, his back went out, and I then unloaded a pickup's worth of shit. All of it free.

I think my mom made an apple pie in appreciation. So it was all good.

I hope a bunch of Papa John's employees quit today. That was the most fucktarded sucking up to people who otherwise don't give a shit by a corporation that I can recall.

12. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Sorry, Alley. Two Gloves, I was just trying to correct what needed it. My bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted