1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Panty Melt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Sep 16, 2007.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to come on this thread and make a plethora of jokes, but that's really not what I'm looking for. Hopefully there will be at least two or three serious responses from music appreciators (and yes, I'm aware "panty" isn't a word, so if you've got a catchier, concise and proper title, please share it).

Everyone has a version of Panty Melt. One of my best friends came up with the idea and title, and I never thought I'd take the time to put the mix together until recently.

This isn't some mix of random songs. Panty Melt is THE sex mix. There are strict guidelines and restrictions.

No rapping, no overproduction, beat must be the right tempo, content and lyrics have to be perfect, etc. The track order is perhaps the most critical aspect, since you're probably not going to fuck right away without some cuddling, kissing and foreplay.

Based on the above, a lot of excellent songs obviously aren't going to make the cut.

The final rip will be 18 or 19 songs.

"50 Candles" by Boyz II Men, "Slow Is The Way" by The Isley Brothers, "Lights Down Low" by Bobby Valentino, "Sing To You" by Johnny P., "Nobody" by Keith Sweat, "Bed" by J. Holiday, "Director" by Avant and "O" by Omarion are all leading candidates.

What song is your absolute NECESSITY for Panty Melt?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't know. Is there a song about being afraid to call a girl?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

For me, Red Light Special has to be on it somewhere.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I suggest two things.

1. There should be panty melt categories: R&B, County, soft rock, jazz ... hell, even polka. Cuz if you've brought some redneck girl with big ole bobbies home, she ain't getting nekid for Keith Sweat.

2. I'd be willing to donate any music that someone might need via e-mail so we could all have said panty melt mixes on hand in the event we needed it.

5. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

"Cotton Eyed Joe" by Rednex

... gets me in the mood.

6. CradleRobber

It's in what I would call the secondary screening process. Excellent suggestion, though. At approximately what point would it appear on your mix?

7. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

OK, now to answer your question seriously ...

I'm not a big soul, R&B guy, so my choices would be a little more mainstream and poppier.

But I'm thinking at least one -- if not two -- of the early, foreplay songs should be something by Norah Jones.

Ahh, brings back memories.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Early, it's a very girly song, so it needs to come while he's still trying to seduce me.

9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Marvin Gaye and Al Green are good starting points.

10. CradleRobber

I was having trouble finding one of Marvin's classics with a suitable beat to flow with the rest of the mix, but I'll keep working on it.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Just play 50 Cent's "Curtis" and Kanye West's "Graduation". Seemed to work for me recently. That is all.

The man makes the panties melt, not the music. Don't get that confused.

12. lono

lono Active Member

Uh, try "Sexual Healing."

Actually, if you want some old school R&B panty melt in addition to "Sexual Healing," try "Sex Machine" by James Brown, "Lay Me Like You Hate Me," by Wilson Pickett, or "Dark End of the Street" by James Carr.

Or ask six of your would-be girlfriend's girlfriends what they think you should put into it.

Draft saved Draft deleted