1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pants on the ground

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 13, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you missed American Idol tonight, you missed some 62-year-old guy being humored at the end. They brought him in for an "audition" and he did some crazy Dick In The Box-type rap that he called "Pants on the Ground." The song pretty much consisted of the guy saying "pants on the ground" over and over again, and then throwing in lines like "gold in your mouth" and "you look like a fool" while he threw in breakdance moves.

Here it is:

Simon said he could see the song actually being a hit, and he wasn't kidding.

Pants on the ground and #pantsontheground are now the top two trending topics on Twitter. There is a Facebook group that already has 15,467 members. It hasn't trended on Google yet, but it will, considering that there's already 1.5 million hits for it.

Amazing how quickly something catches on through AI and social media.

Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm dying here at my desk ... holy crap is that funny.

It's been fun, "Electric Glide."

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It was funny as hell.. bunch of us were singing Pants On The Ground for an hour....

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It will be my ringtone as soon as I can find the USB cord for my phone.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I have to admit it is kind of a catchy tune....

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

At least now I know what all the status updates on my Facebook are all about ...

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

WE'RE BROTHERS TIL THE END OF TIME....

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

that's the charmion.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Yep. It was hilarious.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Oh my lord I was dying laughing. It was the best part of tonight.

And the first thing I thought was, this guy would be fun to have a beer with. I bet he has some good stories.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

AJC seems to think he marched with MLK, Jr. Great story... A classic Atlanta character, and anybody who's ever lived there knows what I mean. AJC.com has some good stuff already.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It needed to be said. You look like a fool with your hat turned sideways and your pants on the ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted