1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Panic on the streets of London

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Save us, Maggie Thatcher!

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And thus the attitude that sparked the entire thing in the first place. Go back to your cave.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Thursday, August 11th 2011
    Person Of The Day!

The Heroine of Hackney, a 45-year-old jazz singing grandma who verbally chankla slapped a group of London looters and then saved a dude who was about to get an official beat down from the rioters. [​IMG]

Lady P (government name: Pauline Pearce) became an overnight internet sensation after a video of her showing thieves that today is not the day made the rounds. In the video, Lady P exercises her right as a cane carrying member of the Memaws Are Not The One to Mess With Club and throws down the f word at the ones who are not acting right. Lady P tells them that if they want to fight for a cause, they should fight for a cause and not steal from Footlocker.

Lady P tells The Telegraph that she couldn't stand around and just watch her neighborhood go down in flames, "I had to say my piece and everyone stood and listened and some people were saying 'Hear hear.' "Some people even clapped, but now I feel embarrassed. I've got a big mouth and I said, 'If you don't want you face on camera then don't come out'."

At 45 years old, Lady P is still a beginner memaw, but she's well on her way. Now all she needs a toolbelt with a switch, tree branch, extra chunky rings and Jean Nate lotion (for moisturizing her beatin' hands afterward) in it. Below is Lady P's rant, which I'm sure sounds exactly like the rant she blurts out when her granchirruns come to visit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That Grandma is 45 years old. Old age sets in early on the old sod.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... take Ann Coulter with you.
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=45446

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Could that text be just a tad more racist?

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

she needs a knighthood!

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't advocate shooting to kill for stealing a TV set. But coddling them with unarmed bobbies isn't working either.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually, the rioting has pretty much stopped, but don't let that stop you from throwing around baseless stereotypes. How's the crime rate over there?

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So three days of lawlessness, looting and mugging is okay, as long as it last three days? Is that some kind of accomplishment over there, to hold it to a minimum? One day, what the heck, no problem.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Goodness knows there have never been any riots in the U.S. that have lasted more than, what, 25 minutes, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted