1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pandora Radio

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, May 24, 2007.

1. In Exile

In Exile Member

It's great. I found that after a week or so of axing the really horrible stuff I didn't want to hear, it "learned" my tastes pretty well and exposed me to a ton of stuff I'd either missed or was brand new.

And for the Neil-Young-o'philes among us, on the weekends try rust radio - all NY bootlegs and concert tapes.

2. My biggest issue with Pandora is that it seems to really, really like a small sampling of songs that come up all the freaking time.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just discovered this today.

This is amazing. Amazing.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Pandora plays too many (inferior) live tracks and my channels sometimes get hijacked by artists that don't seem to fit ... too much DMB on an R.E.M. channel, say.

Still, it's great for the price.

5. 93Devil

Do you hit thumbs down when the artist comes on?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Me? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Pandora? Or the 2 and a half year-old thread?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought it was neat when Brendon got a day out of the house and Rachel was let loose on the other houseguests.

Oh, Pandora radio. Never mind.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I got my first smartphone last weekend and Pandora was already downloaded on there. I love it so far, I haven't even touched my mp3 player since I got. Although, it's kind of like playing with a new toy, I can't enough get enough of it right now. But, a great thing to have if you want to hear some random stuff along with your listed band.

10. 93Devil

Hey, I would rather drag up an old thread than rehash from the start.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

More of a last.fm fan myself. and mostly because this site, actually DoubleDown as I recall, turned me onto it.

Great, great stuff. I listen to it most days at work or just about anytime I got an internet connection and want to listen to some music.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I enjoy my 40 hours a month of Pandora. It does find some relative deep cuts for some groups, but it's hit or miss.

Take a look at www.jango.com. It's easier to skip tracks if they play one you don't like - sometimes, they'll get a cheap 15- or 30-second ad in exchange. While Pandora tends to have a better selection, Jango is a freebie. Jango also plays some local stuff, but that can be spiked upon request.

Both spots are hit-and-miss, but they've also found some stuff that gets my attention on occasion.

Draft saved Draft deleted