1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pancakes to die for

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I guess heaven needed a pancake-eating angel. I'm sure he's enjoying the wings he can flap, Jack.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a little more predictable in this contest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3284487.stm

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

At least he went out a winner.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The term "winner" is being applied as loosely as possible. The man died of pancake overdose.

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Actually, I thought it was interesting that after all of those pancakes, it was just a pancake remnant that killed him.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heard of some guy dying after prevailing in a hot dog contest. He went out a weiner.

7. micke77

micke77 Member

at yeast the pancake guy died doing something he loved.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

[​IMG]

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Speaking of pancakes, one of my favorite cooking stories involves the first time I ever made pancakes.

I'm really not a big fan of pancakes. I much prefer waffles. Even so, my then-roommate offered to make me some pancakes with strawberries in them one morning. I accepted.

What he ended up concocting wasn't safe for human consumption. There were parts that were disasterously undercooked and parts that looked like charcoal. It was so bad that I decided to make my own strawberry pancake. My first pancake turned out perfect. Lightly and evenly browned on both sides and it tasted great.

Hard to believe I made a better pancake in my first attempt than someone who had (not much) more experience than I did making them. Especially considering the fact that I don't really like pancakes.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'd rather die by eating pancakes than hot dogs. Just saying.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The thread is about pancakes, not hot dogs. Quit waffling.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Lemme guess, Notre Dame press box?

Draft saved Draft deleted