1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pan Am 103 Bomber Freed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Exactly.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't care if he's got terminal cancer or a scorching case of herpes. In no way does this animal deserve an ounce of compassion. He needs to die alone and in prison. Not at home surrounded by friends.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

A_QB, I can answer the question you pose in the second paragraph of your posting with an axiom I live by damn near daily:

He's out on account of his cancer, in spite of the deaths and pain he caused because.....

Bastards Always Win.

Even when they are Cancer-stricken,

Bastards Always Win.

That's just how I feel. It's not right. But that just seems to be the way of the world. Nobody will do anything to change it, so such stupidity will go on.

And we will all be the poorer in spirit for it.

4. Armchair_QB

I was listening to BBC today and some idiot from Iran called in and said they guy should never have been jailed because the US pilot who accidentally shot down that Iranian airliner the year before never went to prison.

He then went on to blame the U.S. pilot for causing the Pan Am bombing.

Someone else called in and made the standard "If we let him out the terrorists will like us more" argument.

Fucking idiots.

5. The only thing I can think of; since the guy is terminal maybe Scotland figures someone else can foot the guy's medical bills instead of its taxpayers.

Read somewhere that Quadafhi (sp?) sent a private plane from Libya to pick the fucker up.

6. Armchair_QB

This guy shouldn't have been allowed to live long enough to die in prison.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If he's innocent, give him a new trial, and if he gets his freedom, all power to him. No one should want an innocent man to pay for someone's else crime.

If he's not innocent, he should die in prison.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Laughable foreign affairs gaffe by the UK after seeing that hero's welcome the man got. Just embarrassing.

Accept Sharia Law already and be done with it Western Europe.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, I was half-hoping the plane he was flying home in would blow up, or at least that the crew on board would jump out with parachutes and leave him hanging somewhere over the Med.
    Considering how terrorists have willingly sacrificed themselves to kill others for a cause, I can think of no reason to free a terminally ill terrorist.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm moving to Scotland and becoming a bank robber. If you only get eight years for killing 270 (remember, 11 also died on the ground) then you probably only get probation for bank robbery.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Just don't take a gun into a club and shoot yourself.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think Burress would have only gotten a small fine in Scotland.

Draft saved Draft deleted