1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pam Ward

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by highlander, Dec 26, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Then I guess we both stink one greater than the other.

Sorry I seemed to have attacked the sacred cow of this website.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Sheep in packs can be vicious.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Are you still working blue balls?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Apparently you've never watched a Fox network non-A/B-team NFL game.

She's better than half the Fox NFL PxP guys and at least a third of the CBS PxP guys.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Here

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This.

I've always thought she was very competent. There's many others who are far worse.

7. highlander

highlander Member

Apparently I have since I have the NFL Sunday Ticket.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

When Pam Ward worked at the Mizzlou Sports News Network she was just a production p.a., but made it known that her dream/desire was to be an on-air talent. This was back in the early '90s, so I imagine it was even tougher for women back then.

Anyway, I give her due credit for not only realizing her dream (under what were likely tough circumstances; or at least tougher than most), but also for taking the measures to get her into that position. I don't think anyone back then thought she'd accomplish it, but she was always volunteering for certian assignments and doing whatever it took to chase that dream. Kudos to her.

I have really no opinion on how good she is (or not) as I usually don't have the opportunity to watch any of the games she calls, but I certainly respect her for what she accomplished.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hardly. I just find your thread pointless and worthless. You cringe when Pam Ward talks. Congrats. Go to Awful Announcing. And try harder for your 500th post.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Pam Ward was such a divisive figure in sports broadcasting. She seems perfectly average to me.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Sorry.....I was thinking of Pam Oliver, HER dentist loves seeing her on the sidelines. don't know Pam Ward, or her dental hygiene.

12. highlander

highlander Member

There is an Awful Announcing Thread? Seriously, I didn't know that. I apologize, I would have posted my feelings on Pam Ward there.

Draft saved Draft deleted