1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pam Ward

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by highlander, Dec 26, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Am I the only one who cringes when Pam Ward is working on the college football game they are watching?

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm sure her dentist loves seeing her on tv.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The queen of the Wisconsin-Purdue noon E.T. game shows up again. If Pam is doing your game, you're not going to win the Big Ten.

One line Pammy will never utter:

"Let's go downstairs to hear more from Coach Tressel."

4. Simon

Simon Active Member

I don't like her not because of her voice or her style but because of the bonehead mistakes she makes during EVERY broadcast.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Nope. I avoided the games that she was doing. It was always Big Ten, so avoiding them was cool.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't see the problem - nor hear it. Extraordinary? No. But Pam Ward has done absolutely nothing to earn scorn nor any reason to start a nasty thread.

7. highlander

highlander Member

She's not very good and her voice is too much like a guys.

I have nothing else to do today but watch football.

8. highlander

highlander Member

Sorry I cringe when Brent Musberger or Craig James are doing games also. Does it make a nasty thread because I think her voice isn't great for an announcer and she's not very good. Seems others agree with me.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Pam Ward's voice. If she sounded like a kewpie doll, not only would that get drilled on this board, but it would also be highly annoying.

Ward is trying to do her job, which is announce a football game. She's not trying to be some sort of beacon for femininity, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Obviously, you start whatever you wish for threads, highlander. But other people make all sorts of racial, gender or ethnic slurs and nothing. Yet Pam Ward gets whizzed on because ...

10. highlander

highlander Member

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I just think she isn't very good at her job. I guess I'm still allowed an opinion in the USA, for now.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i cringe at the mere name, pam ward, but only because that's my sister-in-law's maiden name and she's a real bitch.

12. Put me in as a member of the Pam Ward fan club.

I find that she does a great job. She does not insert herself into the game, is generally low-key and knowledgeable. Give me Pam Ward and either Chris Spielman or Bob Davie over most of the tandems working today.

Draft saved Draft deleted