1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palm Pilot question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Oct 30, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

No, this is not a masturbation thread... ;D

Anyway, I bought a TX5 in order to do web browsing and email without using my cell phone for data. The browser that Palm comes with stinks. You can't even navigate this site. Has anyone here who has a Palm been able to download something that works? I tried Minuet, but it needs some Java software from IBM that costs an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Blazer sucks. Haven't been able to find anything that's less sucky.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I thought Palm Pilot's were dead like five years ago or something. Isn't that the thing with the little pointer? Didn't realize anyone still used them.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I have a cheap TX version of the Palm Pilot which I use (or have attempted to use) as a lightweight word processor. It works to a degree, but I have yet to harness all its powers.

The thing I like about it is when you turn it on, it's on. No waiting for a reboot or anything like that. Plug in the keyboard and you're cooking. It can also hook flawlessly into wifi if you have a signal around.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Try Opera...
    http://www.opera.com/

I swear by it but not sure if it's PalmPilot compatible.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Actually, guys, I got Mini Opera working on it...not bad! I can actually see this site through here, and I've set it to show most sites as though I were looking at them on my phone, less load time, works better this way...
    Thanks to all for the suggestions.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Honest to god, I had no idea Palm was still in business.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

Lot of people think that, but the Centro is keeping them afloat and the Pro looks cool but the Palm OS faithful are holding out for Nova, the next gen Palm OS (Linux based) of which much is expected from. It's expected to be out by late spring 2009.
    If they don't pull it off, it may be RIP Palm.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Palm has worse customer service than the airlines.

No way I'd ever buy one of its products again.

Draft saved Draft deleted