1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pain on inside of left knee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Before I go to a doctor for this, I wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts.

While sleeping Friday night, I awoke to pain on the inside of my left knee. I figured I was laying funny and went back to sleep, but then Saturday it hurt still. The thing is, it only hurts when it's bent at a certain angle. If I stand up straight, I'm pain-free. Sitting in a chair, I'm pain-free. But each step I take, at a certain spot of about 170-degree bent, I feel a slight pop in the knee and a stabbing-like pain for the instant that my leg is in that position.

It's not bad pain - I did a 9-mile run on it Saturday before I realized it was legit (I thought I'd just slept funny and it was some kind of kink). Now, two days later, it's still here. It's more annoying than anything, but I don't want it to become something serious.

Google says torn MCL, and there's no way it's that because it doesn't hurt enough. It says a violent twisting motion could cause meniscus pain, but I don't know when I would have done something like that.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My guess would be partially torn MCL.

Plenty of people have something like this and they just continue on with their daily life and while the pain is bad, it's not always excruciating enough to go to the doctor.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When you rub one out don't lock out your knees.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I would guess a tear in the media meniscus cartilege, especially with the "pop.". I had one, similar symptoms; if your knee feels ocsasional instability I'd say for sure. When I had mine repaired they completely removed it and it was almost a week in the hospital; now they just trim it and it's a three-hour stay in outpatient surgery.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah. Stop running nine miles.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, Rusty. Literally. After my shop closed down - and my health insurance went bye-bye - I was carrying something down the steps in my building. Pop! Pain. Limp. Didn't get it looked at, then a few months later, an even bigger pop, more intense pain. Got it checked out, and it's torn ACL and MCL. Still haven't gotten it fixed. Strangely, gotten kinda used to the pain, now...

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait, you bend your leg 170 degrees? Isn't that like heel-to-butt action?

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Thanks, thanks a lot for making me waste that mouthful of Dr. Pepper.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Pop isn't good. That let me know I blew my ACL. There wasn't a lot of pain, really.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    THAT'S A LIE! DAMN YOU, EVIL BASTARD!

Draft saved Draft deleted