1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pain-injection question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, May 15, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

for those of our medically-inclined posters or others who have had a similar experience:

after several years of post-surgical ankle pain in the area where a plate was inserted in 2001, i had the plate removed 15 months ago. the pain gradually increased posy-surgically, leaving me dependent upon a variety of painkillers from percoset to vicodin to opana, which is supposed to be much stronger than even vicodin. yet none of these ever really helped that much, not even giving me the side effects of just not giving a darn.

anyway, to cut to the chase, i finally had an injection into the tender area yesterday. a cocktail of cortisone and something. doc says it often takes a couple of days to feel the effects.

well, 30 hours later, it has not done a thing yet for me. is this common, for the relief to take so long? he won't give me a second injection for 3 months, so i'd like to think i'll get at least some relief before round 2.

anyone?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Cheers.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. shockey

shockey Active Member

appreciate that, chef. but my pain-killing substance of choice is of a herbal nature. 8)

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Shock, I hate to be the bummer. It can take a couple of days, but if you're not feeling any relief by now, odds are that you wont. They will either have to go back in to figure out what's causing the pain, or give you something stronger.

And, I would not know what that is after what you've taken.

Good Luck

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Herbal? Okie Dokie...

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I bow in your general direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted