1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging West Wing fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I offer up two Charlie moments:
    and

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing looking at the things some of the people on that show have gone onto, some of the best shows on TV. I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but from the one episode wonders to the recurring minor roles (lead Secret Service agent - to Glenn Morshower to Connie Britton), they pulled some serious talent onto that show.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My favorite Charlie moments were the give-and-take with Bartlet, like this ...

Bartlet: Charlie, I'm gonna change my mind again on the Bible.
    Charlie: Mr. President, you have to imagine my utter surprise.
    Bartlet: Aren't you afraid that one day I'm just gonna kick your ass like it's never been kicked?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Damn right, the Visigoths ...

5. DanOregon

I'm actually looking forward to the NBC special on the White House tonight.

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

That second one is one of my all-time favorite scenes.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn straight.
    Culled from the imdb cast list, which I see has several omissions (like, they never mention John Larroquette).

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The episode "Take This Sabbath Day" alone had Karl Malden as Bartlet's priest and David Proval (Richie Aprile from "The Sopranos") as Toby's rabbi, as well as the first appearance of Matlin as Joey Lucas.

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Leo's "falling into a hole" story:

<i>This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out. "</i>

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

game. set. match. 8) 8) 8)

greatest ensemble casting in tv drama history.

11. taller hack

taller hack Member

Don't see Glenn Close on that list either.

12. DanOregon

Or James Cromwell (a former Dem President) and Donald Moffat (CJ's Dad) - I always figured those guys were the same person. And they both played Presidents in Tom Clancy movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted