1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging West Wing fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 1, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

More than any time in recent history, America's destiny is not of our own choosing. We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people's strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arrive. Forty-four people were killed a couple of hours ago at Kennison State University. Three swimmers from the men's team were killed and two others are in critical condition, when, after having heard the explosion from their practice facility, they ran into the fire to help get people out. Ran into the fire. The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels tonight. They're our students and our teachers and our parents and our friends. The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels, but every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless. This is a time for American heroes. We will do what is hard. We will achieve what is great. This is a time for American heroes and we reach for the stars. God bless their memory, God bless you and God bless the United States of America. Thank you.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

By me?

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You told the press I have a secret plan to fight inflation?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, I did not. Let me be absolutely clear, I did not do that. Except, yes, I did that.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite scenes were when Toby (my favorite WW character) and Bartlet would go head-to-head. Here's three:

Bartlet tells Toby about his MS:

Bartlet and Toby play chess and argue about Bartlet's father:

Bartlet admits Toby wasn't his first choice for communications director:

6. PopeDirkBenedict

Josh, I'm a little confused.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And one of the best scenes ever from The Two Cathedrals: President Bartlett takes God to task:

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I really miss it, too.
    Just recently, I was channel surfing and happened upon the unwatchable "CSI: Miami." I was thinking about the Ingraham/Coulter character that Emily Procter played on West Wing ... which got me thinking about how that show did so well creating interesting, believable female characters, from Mrs. Landingham to the First Lady to the Mary Louise Parker character, to Janel Maloney, and of course, Allison Janney. So different from the Bruckenheimer universe of runway model/FBI agents and crime scene investigators.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I denied it for half an hour, they wouldn't take no for an answer!

10. Are you saying that I have a secret plan to fight inflation and that you don't support it?

11. PopeDirkBenedict

Okay, before we go on...... C.J., if blood is gushing from the head wound you just received from a stampeding herd of bison, you'll do the press briefing.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, now I know I'm going to be spending at least an hour going through West Wing clips on Youtube tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted