1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging The Price is Right, TPIR to the white courtesy phone please...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jun 19, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Al Roker is 53 I believe, and a big fan of game shows.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Watch it... Willard's 73 years YOUNG!

3. casty33

casty33 Active Member

My vote is for O'Hurley. (But I'd still rather see the show fade away in reruns.)

4. markvid

markvid Guest

But stumbles his was through the 100-year old folks on the Today show.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Marc Summers is easily the most suitable name of the ones I've heard.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Having watched quite a few episodes of Family Feud in the last month or two, John O'Hurley would be a terrific replacement on TPIR. Plus, we could have prizes straight out of the J. Peterman catalog!

(Then again, if the announcer has to read the entire description for each Peterman product, the show will take 2 hours.)

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

We're OK as long as they don't put the Urban Sombrero up for bid.... :O

8. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Jumping in late here after a few pages, but I believe I have some insight as a recent contestant on the show:

--On my show, they had George Hamilton auditioning. Mario Lopez is also being suggested. I think Hamilton might be able to pull it off. Honestly, though, Bob could have done that show for another five years. He hasn't lost a step.

--It ain't all old people and college kids, as I can attest. A Marine came in full uniform and wasn't selected, and neither was the super-nice older African-American man who everyone thought was a lock. It's all about how you click with the producers in your interview. (However, I was one of the first four called down and I was the oldest person in contestants' row, flanked by college kids from Eastern Arizona and Florida State. They were both WILD.)

--Some of the small prizes do come right from the store. In my game, I won a hardwood floor cleaning kit. About three weeks after the taping, a FedEx package arrived at my door from a random store in New Jersey, and there was the floor cleaner. There is good money in those product placements on the whole, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted