1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging The Price is Right, TPIR to the white courtesy phone please...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jun 19, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I know there is a topic on this already, but this can't get buried and if this is a D_B, my apologies...

O'Donnell might be just right, Barker says
    AP

June 18, 2007

Los Angeles -- Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on The Price Is Right, although the newly retired host is not sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.

"There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years. "She told me she loved The Price Is Right and wanted to host it one day," he recalled. Barker retired last week at age 83.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070618.BUZZ18-1/TPStory/TPEntertainment/Television/

Talk about a good way to get a show cancelled. I think The Price is Right would officially jump the shark if they make Rosie the host.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, they jumped the shark when they changed all the models, but yeah, this would be the kiss of death

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've always thought Adam Sandler would be a great choice for host of the show, but there's zero chance he'd do it.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I would never watch the show again if Rosie were on the stage.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Okay, I am sure if people know this but I thought that a while back CBS Early Morning Show's Dave Price was offered a new contract. With this contract, he was offered something with the Price is Right. It could have been that he auditioned for it. I read it somewhere on the TV Newser/mediabistro, but I cannot find it.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Just let the show rest in peace, please.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Why wouldn't they just run 35 years worth of reruns? Is anybody seriously tuning in to see the LATEST Price is Right. If you tune in and see one that's a year old, would you turn it off because it's not new? And unless it was 20 years old, would you even know (other than Barker being the host, obviously)?

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

casty, you know that can't happen

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I second that thought....All those in agreement, say aye.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That is an unbelievable point. It's always the same people -- an elderly woman, a couple obese people, random college kids and the occasional military man -- on the show anyway.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Rosie is going to want a fat contract, so I'm not sure that the price is right.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I told my wife that last week - why not just run old episodes until they find a new host? If it takes a year or so, who cares?

Draft saved Draft deleted