1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging Poindexter, now it extends to movie directors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/21128981/detail.html

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

NOW it extends to movie directors?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Have we NOT known about Polanski and the little girls since, oh, about 1977?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm so confused.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I'm not sure how they proceed on the charges if the victim doesn't want to cooperate.

That said, he's been thumbing his nose at the U.S. for 31 years. I'm glad to see they picked him up.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yeah the title makes it sound like Polanski's just following the hot new fad, when he was actually the trendsetter.

Next we'll be hearing about Jerry Lee Lewis.

I know nothing about legal issues. But it seems like it doesn't matter what the victim would want in the case, since he's already been convicted. He just hasn't served his sentence. So there's not a statute of limitations on serving a sentence is there? Again, I have no idea.

7. TheSportsPredictor

Thread title's a joke, much less boring than "Polanski finally arrested."

8. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

I know we had a request out there for his arrest, but isn't it odd that all-neutral-all-the-time Switzerland is the country that delivers him? They're cooperating now on Americans hiding their income there - and I thank them for that - but why would the Swiss, who've harbored some rather nasty international criminals in the past, suddenly pick up someone else's criminal?

9. KVV

KVV Member

The thread title is a lame take on a lamer joke. Poindexter's entire gimick is female teachers who fuck high school boys, not nasty middle-aged men who rape 13-year-old teenage girls.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Your opinion noted.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The lede's being buried here. How is it that a convicted rapist (remember, he pleaded guilty before he fled) can spend 31 years in a supposedly modern country and escape arrest? And why did it take until 2005 for the U.S. to get around to filing an arrest warrant?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Story said no extradition treaty with France for the crime he was convicted of. Him being an artist probably helped too.

Draft saved Draft deleted