1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging poindexter, hondo, et al

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the terrorists were all German instead of Muslim, would you have a guy in lederhosen thrown off the plane?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I probably wouldn't get on the plane.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's exactly how it should be. They get on, you stay in the terminal.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Believe me, the smell on the plane would be much better without Hondo on board.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Dictatorship? Nice leap in logic there. I fully support your right to look like a close-minded, frightened old man on these threads. You can make 200 posts a day warning us against the angry brown bogeyman for all I care. I just think people shouldn't try to change your mind, because it's obviously not going to change. I imagine even you'll agree to that. You seem convinced Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf is going to show up on your lawn one day with an army of sword-wielding friends. I simply suggested people stop responding to such silliness. I'm perfectly happy to discuss the PGA Tour with you, because even though I disagree with your burning hatred of all things Phil Mickelson, it at least seems to come from a far more logical place than your hysterical fear of Islam.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I like Phil only a little bit more than Osama.

By the way, I'm going to threadjack this. Last week I'm perusing pgatour.com. There's a headline on a small story that says something like fitness tips from the pros. So I click and it says: "learn fitness tips from Phil Mickelson's personal trainer."

Huh? Fitness tips from Phil's personal trainer? I wouldn't be bragging about that I was that guy.

"Okay Phil...first we're doing to do Twinkie curls. Then a little cardio ... we're going to walk briskly, three blocks, to the In and Out Burger, and power-lift a triple bacon cheesburger."

The sad part is that someone in the PGA Tour communications office thought it was a good idea to post that.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're coming at it wrong, hondo.

It's golf magazine. The out-of-shape guys reading it just want to know what they can do to hit the ball 300 yards.

The six-pack they're looking for is in the ice chest.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Right now that's about all of Islam and half of Sjcam.

So, you think the people in the airport were out to kill you?

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This week on Inside the PGA Tour, Phil Mickelson shows us how adding subcutaneous fat can help your short game! We'll also take a visit to Ireland, where Ian Woosnam will show us the best way to win a drunken fist fight during the ProAm, without injuring your hands, forcing you to withdraw. Lastly, we'll get marriage advice from John Daly and Nick Faldo. So stay tuned!

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You, sir, make a mockery of Christianity.
    You, sir, are a jackass.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Oh we've already addressed that, and of course Hondo categorically denies it. But I'm too sick (literally) and tired to really go any further. He's a racist, whether he owns up to it or not.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes they are. They must be.

As it says in John 15:20: "Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word,they will also keep yours."

One of the crucial deficiencies in modern Christianity is grace and forgiveness. Grace to deal with other religions and idea. Forgiveness for any judgment or cruelty. Vengeance is not asked of us. Anger is not asked of us. Retribution is not asked of us. Power, deliverance, strength - not asked of us in regards to how we treat our fellow man.

So when a Christian whines, as you do, about life not being fair, or needing the cover of government, of all things, I'm wondering if you've checked your faith lately, or read a little Romans. In reality, you have a Apocryphal mindset; you're still smarting from all the indignities of Alexander The Great and Caesar Augustus, still waiting for the temple in Jerusalem to be physically resurrected, still waiting. For what, man? If you a Christian, you know this: Jesus came, he walked, he atoned through death, he resurrected to defeat death, and thus completed the work. All these other things - whether our constitution provides us sufficient canopy for an after-game prayer, whether Muslims have it better in the world court of opinion than Christians - are meaningless. Muslims can pray to whatever idol they wish, wherever they wish.

Draft saved Draft deleted