1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging poindexter, hondo, et al

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Nov 21, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Spoken like a true Christian.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Never once have I said that "all Muslims want to kill us." Look up the posts. I've always taken great pains to point out that it's only a small minority of Muslims causing the trouble, murder, mayhem, ect. But you simply like to fire back with snap decisions that display your ignorance.

And there's praying, and there's praying. Were the men in question laying out the prayer rugs in the gate area and doing the kneeling, bowing and chanting? If they were, and you say you wouldn't be concerned if you were a passenger, then you lying to yourself.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually Hondo, you've not taken as great care about singling out only those Muslims who are actually causing the trouble as you think you have, and to claim otherwise is more of the same from you. And no, I'm not going to look up your previous posts because frankly you're not worth the effort.

And so if they lay out prayer rugs, because that's how they fucking pray, then obviously they're up to no good? Stupid asshole. What about people who cross themselves. What if I pulled out a copy of the Torah? What if I pulled out a rosary and fingered the beads for an hour? Just because it makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean it's dangerous. To claim otherwise only reinforces the racism you've been spewing.

4. This is pointless, I know, but, anyway, a few years back I had to go to the Emirates for work. When the return flight from Dubai took off, I crossed myself and said the Act of Contrition, which I always do as part of my preflight ritual. The robed gent next to me asked me to explain what I was doing, and he told me that the Muslims have a similar prayer -- I can't remember it right now -- and we both played comparative religions for the next 20 minutes and had a high old time.
    And, no, hondo, I would not be "concerned" if Muslims stretched out the rug and started praying in the concourse. And feel free to project your own bigotry on someone else.

UPDATE - Besides, we're all Muslims now.
    http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002021.php

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

The last time I was at an airport...in September, during the no-liquids panic...I got there about 90 minutes before my flight, did not get searched, did not have my luggage torn apart, did have to take my shoes off, went through security in about 15-20 minutes, didn't see any "very large chamber that blows air around your body."

And that was from Newark to Vegas and back!

So this is just more Hondo bullshit.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And for your racist information, Hondo, I spent time in Dubai, Oman, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and more and talked with people after their prayers, inquiring about different things and trying to earn a respectful understanding.

Unlike racists, I'm a bit more enlightened and don't let fear guide me.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Hondo,
    Bravo on meeting the threshold of the lowest level possible of human decency. Well done. Now, I know if I were a Muslim and I was going to blow up a plane the thing I would want to do most in the gate with everyone watching is gather with my six Muslim terrorist buddies and pray for the Jihad right there in front of the rest of the passengers before I boarded the plane. I would wear traditional Muslim garb and be as conspicuous as possible before blowing their asses to bits. That way they'd never expect it. [/sarcasm]

Still, how dumb to of them to do it. Yeah, it's your right to pray to whoever you want, and pretty much wherever you want, but that don't make a good idea. If you gotta pray 5 times a day, you shoulda drove to the conference so you could be on your own schedule.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks for your "enlightened" opinion there POO. Why am I not surprised? You can pray, just don't do it here. Booga! Booga! I'm a Muslim! Booga! Booga!

By the way, Christian youth group, I'm afraid you're going to try and convert everyone on the plane so take your prayer circle back to "compound" because it makes me nervous.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm just offering it up as friendly advice. Hey, if you insist, pray away.

Couldn't agree more. Again, I'm recommending this as good friendly advice, not a mandate.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Friendly advice? Don't pray here because it makes people nervous? Thanks a lot. Your "advice" is real friendly.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Could you guys hold it down? I'm trying to pray.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And thankfully, intelligent voters willing, "the times in which we live" only have 25 months left.

Draft saved Draft deleted