1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging poindexter, hondo, et al

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Prepare to die!

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fine.

The next time you feel queasy at an airport gate because Muslims are praying, YOU leave the airport and go home. Don't ask other people to suffer because of your fears.

And when YOUR relatives call to ask why YOU didn't arrive at the airport, YOU can explain it to them.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hate to tell you this, Alexander, but I am no more frightened by the world in which I live now than I was five years ago or 10 years ago or 20 years ago.
    I don't look at a group of Mulims--or anyone else for that matter--praying as scarier than it wold have been five year and three months ago. I don't look at the Muslims who own the local conveneince store any differently now that I looked at the Muslim who lived in the apartment next to me 5 years or 6 years ago.
    You can choose to live in fear if you'd like. More of us simply choose to live our lives peacefully and without fear.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nicely played, Ace.

6. It's our job, as self-governing citizens of a democratic republic, NOT to change our perspectives the way we've changed them over the past five years.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. Changes in boldface.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Do airports still have chapel areas for praying? If a group of christians sat in the corner and started preaching, the majority of this board would shit themselves saying there should not be any prayer in government funded building. I don't want to see Muslim, Sikh, Buddhists, Catholics, Santeria or any other religion praying before/after or during a flight.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pancake,

There is a big difference between preaching and praying, just sose you know.

And why do you hate God, Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, the Devil and Horny so much?

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Ass,

I don't hate any of them, just don't need to see people praying in public doesn't matter who what religion.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Close your eyes then.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Praying in public doesn't bother me. Preaching does. Prayer is a personal thing. Preaching isn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted