1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging Mr. Jones, Mr. Kuresh... paging Mr. Jones, Mr. Kuresh...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/16/miami.preacher/index.html
    MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- The minister has the number 666 tattooed on his arm.
    But Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda is not your typical minister. De Jesus, or "Daddy" as his thousands of followers call him, does not merely pray to God: He says he is God.
    "The spirit that is in me is the same spirit that was in Jesus of Nazareth," de Jesus says.
    De Jesus' claims of divinity have angered Christian leaders, who say he is a fake. Religious experts say he may be something much more dangerous, a cult leader who really believes he is God.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Tomato.
    Still, scary shit.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not saying I believe this guy, but what happens if God really does take a human form and goes public? Church leaders, absent a miracle or something, will ridicule him, as would the media. Next thing you know, you've got one angry diety on your hands.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This one I got suckered in on... I thought "Man, if we start any more threads about Jones, we're going to start calling him Jason and he's going to have to work for AOL..."

5. busuncle

busuncle Member

People ridiculed Jesus, too.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

True. I don't remember Jesus sporting three Rolexes though.

Draft saved Draft deleted