1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Page proofs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That has been addressed throughout this discussion.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't understand why people are acting like this practice means daily criticism. I definitely would do this if I ran a sports section, and I probably would give feedback once a week or less. It doesn't have to be nitpicking.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You couldn't give feedbacK based on the next day's product?
    If my editor could login from home and re-edit the product and tell me to reflow it, or I had to send PDF's ever night so he/she could view my edits, I would take it as nitpicking.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Everyone says that. It quickly turns into micromanaging for most.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you're going to trust me with the job, let me breathe after you leave.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

A big part of the appeal of the job to me was putting your stamp on the section. As a writer, you express yourself through your writing style. As a desk person, how do you do that? I did it through story and photo selection, page designs, etc.

If the job just becomes paint-by-numbers, put this story here with this kind of headline, deck head, do this layout, etc., the job losses a great deal of its appeal.

Draft saved Draft deleted