1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Page Designer, Greenville, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SportsGuyBCK, Jan 26, 2007.

1. I've seen the paper a few times. I wasn't impressed with the layout, so an up-n-comer could tear things up. That said, I was impressed with the paper's content. For a paper that size, in the part of the state it's in, G-Ville did a good job of giving its readers news - not just the feel good, small town events many papers this size are filled with.
    And the chicks in G-Ville were insane! If ya want to move up, young and single, not a bad move. But how many people from smaller papers move up within thier own chain? Usually, it seems that get hired elsewhere before the big-boys in the chain notice you.....

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

It's been a while - any news on this gig?

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I love the "airport" in Greenville. One runway, one gate, one hell of a bumpy ride on a cropduster to and from Charlotte every few hours...

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Unless one just popped up in the last few years, there is not an airport in Greenville. The airport you are talking about is in the metropolis of Kinston.

5. Greatest part about the airport in Kinston is if you walk in on one end, you can easily see the other, hell you could throw something and hit the other wall. Greenville, when I was in the area about nine years ago, was kinda the class of the area. Newer buildings, restaurants, apartments, etc, because of the local college (East Carolina University) I worked in Kinston at the time and it was a very small, backwards even, kind of town. Greenville was pretty nice if you had to live in the area. Not to mention the opportunity you have, or at least had when I worked in that area, to cover the biggies like Duke and UNC.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There is an airport in Greenville. No bigger than the one in Kinston, but it's there. Used to pass by it going to my grandparents' river cottage back in the day.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yes, there is an airport in Greenville. I've flown into it. And out of it. Twice. The first time being in 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted