1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Page Designer, Charlotte Harbor, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 5, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Charlotte Sun, a 45,000-circulation daily newspaper in Charlotte Harbor, Fla., is looking for sports designers with an eye for pictures and an ear for words plus the energy and an artistic flair to put together an award-winning section and website. Candidates need experience, good word skills, savvy to design attractive packages, no fear of roadblocks and deadlines, and the ability to work with others. You will receive plenty of encouragement and direction to showcase your talents. Send your resume and samples of your work to: John Fineran, Executive Sports Editor, Charlotte Sun, 23170 Harborview Road, Charlotte Harbor, FL, 33980 (941-206-1122) or e-mail jfineran@sun-herald.com.

2. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

Anyone have any inside info on this one ... the paper, the area, staff, etc.

3. http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42257/

Since I scooped boots with another thread, here is the one I posted a bit ago. No one posted on that either, apparently it isn't much a hot spot (but no JRC/Trentonian either).

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

45K? They better stop entering themselves in the Under 40,000-circ category in APSE.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's not a great area, although the D-Rays are going to start holding their spring training there next season, I think.

I saw a copy once when down there that had things like Northeastern college hockey scores and standings. I was told it was for the big snowbird population that comes down from the NE for winter.

Draft saved Draft deleted