1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Page 2's Todd Boyd tells us what he thinks about the Imus situation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 16, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

No, he's like many other posters on these boards.... a coward. And that's the sad part. He doesn't know that he's one.

2. The contempt here for Dr. Boyd reminds me of Malcolm X's line about what you call a black man with a PhD.
    Just sayin'.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How does it show ignorance Boots? "Doctor" Boyd tells us that there is nothing wrong with hip hop music.

I think these lyrics are a prime example of what is wrong with the genre of hip hop called Gansta rap.

I did not write the lyrics.

Chuck if you are so insulted by the lyrics here why are you not insulted when you hear them on tv or radio?

4. dcdream

dcdream Member

Who is he? He is a respected sociologist in the vein of Harry Edwards. Do you know who he is?

Mr. Boyd has been a guest on many ESPN shows discussing import social aspects on sports.

It is called expanding your source base, instead of calling Al and Jesse for an opinion.

That's who Todd Boyd is.

5. boots

boots New Member

Unless you say that word to African Americans in conversation, you are a coward. You get on an anonymous board and say a word you wouldn't dare say to someone in their face. What do you call it?

6. boots

boots New Member

Damn, I couldn't have said that better.

7. Boom_70

So let's get this straight unless you are african american you are not allowed to quote rap songs that carry the word nigga? What about the word ho?

8. Boom, we don't have the same right to yell slurs with impunity that our grandfathers had.
    Get over it.
    Jesus.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

What about the word ho? What?

What does the n word mean Boom? The word is used to refer to dark skinned people.

10. Boom_70

Its in a song

How is it a slur?

11. Missing the point by the usual hectare or so.

12. boots

boots New Member

Boom, you want to be a jack ass, that's OK by me. I'm the ultimate ass. But I DARE YOU to say those lyrics to an African American. If you can't, and you're white, you're a fucking coward.

Draft saved Draft deleted