1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Page 2 for sports sections

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Snoopdog, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Snoopdog

Snoopdog New Member

Hello all...my first time posting a topic....I recently convinced my supervisors to begin a Page 2 on Sundays and Thursdays....however, we've been running a daily item that incorporates the kind of material we want to use on these other days. Upper management still wants a daily item.

We've yet to unveil the Sunday and Thursday editions because I'm trying to figure out how to keep the upper brass happy with the daily content without using up the quality nuggets of material we'd rather save for the bigger versions. Hope that made sense.

Best example I can think of is LA Times morning briefing....any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Page 2 should be a destination for readers.

A column/feature that is thought-provoking, informative and offers a twist on a current story. AP usually has different kinds of stories, but this should also be a prime place for one of your local writers to shine too.

3. enigami

enigami Member

A blatant West Coast bias, but I'd look at the San Diego U-T and the San Jose Mercury, in that order.

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

Let me know how you convinced the powers that be, I may have to run you proposal by my grumpy, status-quo boss.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

The WaPo has one on Mondays.

Draft saved Draft deleted