1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Padilla shot in leg. Then defies gravity?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bad Guy Zero, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I did search for "Padilla" and "Vicente" and the most recent mention of either was three weeks ago.

Vicente Padilla was accidentally shot in the leg today.

Diamond Notes: http://diamondleung.tumblr.com/post/232339764/reports-dodgers-pitcher-vicente-padilla-shot-in-leg

L.A. Times: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2009/11/vicente-padilla.html

The Diamond Notes links to this article which is in Spanish. L.A. Times ran that story through Google Translate and got this:

The pitcher Vicente Padilla of the Los Angeles Dodgers was entered today in a private hospital in Managua with a bullet wound in his right leg, his family said.
    The player left hours later the medical center and is recovering from a wound is not serious, the sources added to the local press.

Padilla was injured when practiced at a shooting range, 22 miles southeast of Managua.

The spokesman for the National Police of Nicaragua, Vilma Reyes, told the press that the shot that Padilla was injured accidentally.

A hospital spokeswoman ... told reporters that the Nicaraguan pitcher in 32 years, this year also played with the Texas Rangers, was hospitalized for 40 minutes and already left the medical center, without gravity.

Update linked at Diamond Notes states that Padilla's bodyguard is the one who shot him.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Too bad he didn't do it in NYC.

Fuck that loony-tunes headhunter.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Some friends and I attended a Rangers game after Padilla had gone adios. One of them was flipping through the team yearbook while we were riding the shuttle back to the parking lot. He comes upon Padilla's page and holds it up. "Just look at him. How could they not realize he's batshit crazy?" I couldn't have said it better myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted