1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

paddington gives up marmalade?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Oct 4, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

What a load of bollocks! West London's formerly marmalade-addicted bear is eating marmite sandwiches instead.

Yes, I know those of you unfamiliar with Brit pop culture will have no idea what this has to do with anything. But clearly, this is a cultural misdemeanor.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I asked my mom to buy some orange marmalade when Paddington Bear made an appearance on Romper Room once. It was grosser than gross.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Next thing you know Pooh will swear off honey.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

[​IMG]

RIP, British bear eating orange marmalade.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I had one of those blue jackets when I was a little kid. I was into Paddington.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I had a Paddington bear, but never had the jacket. I was confounded by the buttons and hooks and things.

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

rumor is Paddington is a type 2 diabetic now and had to put the marmalade away. Mama bear should have warned him about the impact of that excess weight and bad eating habits as he got older.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, there goes Marks and Spencers business....

Draft saved Draft deleted