1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dpfunk78, Jun 10, 2012.

1. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

Corrupt judges? Teddy Atlas thinks so.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son watched it - no dog in the fight. Said it was a joke, as one-sided as he's seen. "Pacquiao kicked this guy's ass," was his assessment. I have not seen it.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

One more reason -- OK, maybe the main one -- boxing has faded into cultural obscurity.
  5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone here watch it? Was it a rip job? I had the pleasure of covering Whitaker-Chavez back in 1993. A hosing that led SI to use the word ROBBED on its cover
  6. ETN814

ETN814 Member

It was bad. The fight you just mentioned came to mind as the decision was announced.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I watched it, Moddy, and your son is right. Bradley won two rounds at best. Pacquiao beat the hell out of him -- threw more punches, landed a higher percentage, and they were a lot harder than anything Bradley threw.

I don't think there is any way someone could have watched that fight and come away thinking Bradley had won.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And that's what I was saying about Max Kellerman earlier, too. In the postfight, he was trying to spin it that it was conceivable Bradley won. Which was total, unequivocal bullshit. It was a no-brainer decision.
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pac won a decision he shouldn't have against Marquez last year. What goes around, comes around, I guess. Although this seemed a little bit more....ridiculous.

Also, it's funny to see so many "I don't care about boxing, it's all corrupt, blah, blah" people before last night getting their panties in a bunch over this.

The chances of more people buying the rematch than those who bought last night? 100%.
    The chances of a shit load of people who didn't buy last night's fight buying the rematch? 100%.
  10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

We watched it at work last night (long live the words "live stream" into Twitter at midnight EST) and of the four guys that watched it...all walked away assuming Pac won. I went to the bathroom after the 12th round and came back just in time to see the decision called. Everyone else had left. I had to text them to tell them Bradley won. They all thought I was BSing them.

There was no way he won. Pacquioa picked him apart and toyed with him the last 4 rounds.

Boxing is a sham. Just let Vinny Mac take over already. It's more scripted than Jersey Shore and the Bachelor.
  11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Mad because I am wrong...

...or because it's the truth?! :p
Draft saved Draft deleted