1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pacman Jones suspended for the season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Newspapers are just looking for excuses to fire/lay off people these days. Unless you're at a Guild shop with a pretty ironclad contract (becoming more and more a rarity these days), the odds are about 97% if you pulled any of the shit Pacman or Tank Johnson have done, you'd be out the door like shit through a goose.

That's what "at-will employment" is about.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If you get arrested numerous times inside of a year, you're a fuckup. Plain and simple, you are a fuckup. Doesn't matter if you're a millionaire, billionaire, hundredaire, janitor, drug dealer, reporter, athlete, teacher, engineer, whatever.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I wonder in Crazee would have been so steadfast in his defense of Steve Howe.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, we lose our jobs because our companies are having a hard time maintaining a 22-percent profit margin. We don't lose our jobs because of some lame excuse like having 10 arrests.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, that too, but 10 arrests would make their decision a little easier. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

6. I bet few have problems like you, though.

7. BTExpress

And before boots comes to his defense again . . .

Jones is not "losing his job."

He's being suspended for a season, with a chance to apply for reinstatement for the final six games.

That's a better deal than Ricky Williams got. And Williams is just a stoner, not a thug with a long arrest record.

8. A stoner with who knows how many repeat violations of the same policy.

9. boots

boots New Member

That reinstatement isn't a guarantee.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

This is the first I've heard of this today - reading the thread lede.

Thank God that mother f*cking, sack-of-crap, I'll bash your female head in if you go after my 'raining' money, waste of space got what's coming to him.

He is sh*t, as a human being.

Thank you, Roger Goodell.

To quote the 1988 movie "Colors:"

"F*ck Pac Man."

11. BTExpress

Fewer than 10.

And nobody got hurt.

And nobody got shot.

You're right.

He'll likely have to go --- gasp! --- the next 7 months without being arrested.

Current Vegas odds say it's 9:1 against that happening.

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Is it really 10 in a year? Or two years? Not that it makes that big a difference ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.