1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pacman facing felony charges.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Slydell, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Not good news for Pacman. Might as well hit the strip clubs while you can.

Sorry if it's D_B

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If he winds up in jail or prison, does his league suspension get suspended until he is released? or is Goodell going to throw the book at him, and give him the death sentence.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

anyone want to pull the old thread i started when this story broke about how the Tenn paper should be all over this? There was a poster here ... hmmmm, forgetting his name ... who thought it wasn't that big of a deal.

Even if pacman skates, you've got to be kidding yourself if you think he can go another year without getting in trouble. The only way is if you put him in jail tomorrow for a year ... and he survives. Even then, the first thing he'd do upon leaving would be to hit a strip club ...

His career is over.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Unfortunately, I agree. He can't/won't disassociate himself with dudes that have NOTHING to lose.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

How long are these baseless charges going to continue?
    What a smear campaign.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That was me, and that wasn't exactly what the point of contention was about. The circumstances of the debate were a bit differently, but hey, if it makes you feel better to play the "I told you so" game, then by all means, have at it. Apparently you need that kind of validation.

My contention, if I recall correctly, was at the time it wasn't as much of a story. Obviously, since then, circumstances have changed significantly. Often, however, what doesn't look like a big story at one point can certainly blossom into something bigger.

7. boots

boots New Member

I agree but this asswipe isn't helping his cause any.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Am I missing the blue font here?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, at least he'll be among friends in the can.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fixed, with an addendum to this. In an indirect way, the Vegas 5-0 and the D.A. are simply saying the following: "We would love to charge his ass for attempted murder, but he didn't have the gun. We would love to charge his ass for something more serious, but all he has done was mainly instigated the melee when he threw the money in the air trying to "make it rain" and biting a guard in the ankle. The best we can do is come up with some unheard-of charge and tossed in a felony to make it look serious."

They wanted to nail a serious charge on him, but this was the next best thing that they could think of to get him with. If he is guilty of anything, it's being a felonious dumbass. It's true with the saying: "You are who you roll with."

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wasn't he in some incident this weekend where there was trouble? AP moved an alert on it.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

A supposed shooting after a visit to a George strip club. Not sure if Pac was specifically involved, but it was said to be someone from his posse.

Draft saved Draft deleted