1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers writer, Journal Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, May 8, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

From what I hear, Zimanek was pissed at the move, as are several SE's in Gannett lately.
    My last shop had eight full-timers in sports. That was five years ago.
    After the latest round of layoffs, they have half that with more cuts likely.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i'm sure he was so pissed he went right to the golf course

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Not a lot of guys in the field I'll stick up for on this board, but Brad's good people. I've met a lot of asshole SE's, and Brad's one of those guys who always returned a call even when he didn't have to.
    Holy shit! is this a thread-jack?

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh New Member

Brad is good people. He's bar-none of the nicest SE's I've ever had. When the news came down about Dylan, Zimanek and Tomlinson were the last people to know.

The worst part of the job cut is that the P-C's Packers Preview and Packers Final (which were very good) will be almost entirely filled by P-G stuff.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

good people! oh, thank you so much. oh christ, that's awesome. that's the funniest shit i've heard in years. good people. oh chrsit, that's funny. brad zimanek a decent human being. oh good lord. whoo... i've got tears here. thanks fellas.

although, i wouldn't find it hard to believe that zimanek was one of the last to know, with that fine journalistic sense of his

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh New Member

Hoops,

Was Brad your SE? If so, when?

7. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

What about Wisconsin AP's Chris Jenkins? That guy is quite talented.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From the Pipeline:

Turns out Jason Wilde was contacted for the gig, but not everyone at the MJS is sold on him (including the two beat writers). Apparently there's a guy in Tacoma, I believe, who has also been contacted and is the front-runner, although not sure if he's interested.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tomlinson is real good people. Hope he lands on his feet.

10. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

If they're calling Tacoma, that would probably mean Mike Sando

11. The NFL traveling grind? Yeah, seems rough.

12. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

I could be wrong, but I think he means the grind of driving from Madison every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted