1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers writer, Journal Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, May 8, 2007.

1. The job is primarily to provide online content, not layout. I'll be stunned if a veteran NFL writer doesn't get this job. Howard would be smart to hire one of the guys who has already been covering the team. As someone else already mentioned, Jason Wilde would be a tremendous hire.

2. This is not the Packer Plus job. This is Cliff Christl's old job. They need to hire someone with experience covering the Packers and that's why Wilde would be a perfect choice.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Wilde wants to get out of the traveling grind, so I've heard, and has wanted to work for the MJS ... and this job would allow him to do both.

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh New Member

Dylan Tomlinson would also be a solid hire. He was the beat writer for the P-C before the paper fazed out the job due to economic reasons.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Last time I talked to Todd, he said he was not interested in leaving the Marquette beat.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

what's dylan doing now?

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

That move still amazes me. But, I guess that's Gannett for ya.

8. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

How would this job cut help a writer cut travel? Doesn't the Journal Sentinel travel a million people to Packers games?

9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh New Member

Tomlinson is apparently still freelancing for someone. I caught a peek of of the local TV sports not long ago and saw him in the background with his trusty tape recorder in the Don Hutson Center.

10. HoopsMcCann

well, another brilliant decision by the post-crescent sports editor. guess it's easier to cut out the packers coverage from the budget than family vacations

11. Oshkosh

Oshkosh New Member

It wasn't the SE, it was the suits at Gannett.

12. HoopsMcCann

glad to see the se go to bat for his people -- as always

Draft saved Draft deleted