1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers writer, Journal Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, May 8, 2007.

1. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

I like that, MizzouGrad! I'm upgrading you to half-horsebleep in my book! ;D

But seriously, I apologize for the attack. I just read Moddy's new rules and guidelines and I believe I violated them with my previous part, but I shouldn't need that reminder in order to be civil.

Trying to be part of the probl...uh, solution,
    Lindsey

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I got new rules?!?!

Those are the new board rules. No one on the management team owns them. They were put together with a lot of thought as a group and Webby posted them.

But, yeah, we are aiming to disagree on here without as much venom.

"You, good sir, are full of shit," is OK
    "F you, you piece of shit," is not.

3. I addressed that in the second sentence. I might be a bit defensive at first but I would get over it. No reason to take it out on the whole board.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Rumor mill talk: Might Kevin Seifert of the Minn. Star-Trib be in the running? Things are kind of shaky up at the ST. He certainly knows the NFC North. I heard today he is one of the candidates and may have even been in for an interview.

5. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

I like Rob. Knew him all the way back at Ohio University. Actually lost more cash to him at the golf course than I ever cared to drop to anyone. (Rob, if you read this, even if it was more than 10 years ago, I want to win my five bucks back.)

I can also see where he's coming from. Mentioning someone as interested in something, whether they are or aren't, in this job climate can't help them.

And Mizzou, it's hard to take what you said as anything other than you saying you think sparky is Rob.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Heard that, too, from a pretty good source. I'm not sure if he's been in yet, but my understanding is that's the plan.

7. WestCoastBias

WestCoastBias New Member

So is Seifert getting this or what?

And what exactly is going on at the S-T?

8. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Demovsky may be a good guy and his writing is good, but neither he or Dougherty are even close in caliber to Silverstein and McGinn or Christl. Not even in the same league.

IMO, to get the premier Packers news, you don't go to the State Journal or Press-Gazette. You go to the Journal Sentinel. If they do make a hire, it'll be someone in with that type of ability.

9. WestCoastBias

WestCoastBias New Member

Since he's the only one who's been mentioned, I take it this is Seifert's if he wants it.

Boy, I know things are bad at the S-T but I didn't think they were so bad as to force the undisputed voice on the Vikings to bolt.

After Sando, has anybody else interviewed?

10. andykent

andykent Member

Same question. Anyone heard anything here?

11. Moderator1

Pipeline update: A youngster without serious NFL experience is getting a good look and will be interviewed soon. One interview was done recently - not sure who was interviewed - and there may be another in there soon but of that I'm not certain.
    Bottom line: This is not done, they're still looking and they're willing to take some risks (worthwhile risks).

12. Moderator1

Pipeline update:

Job was offered to Kevin Seifert, Vikings writer for the Star-Tribune, after an interview.
    He turned it down, reasons unknown.

Draft saved Draft deleted