1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers to Rodgers: Well, not so fast...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by armageddon, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes, as I recall, Elway did say he "just couldn't play anymore" due to injuries. I grew up in Denver during his Super Bowl disasters, but he was still my childhood hero. I could barely watch his retirement press conference because I am a girl and cried during the whole thing. But I just don't consider his leaving the game to be anything like the other people you alluded to...nobody gets to go out the way Elway did...and I just wouldn't use him as a comparison in this thread.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

He said it better.

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Let's make a deal.

I won't tell you what should make you sad or make you smile if you allow me to be affected by such developments on my terms.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK, but if fuzzy little animals don't make you smile, I'm going to beat you.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

After all this, does Rodgers demand a trade if Favre "wins" the QB "competition."

I really don't know what to think of this mess anymore. I think it's sad when athletes just hang on and hang on. And if he wasn't ready to go, he shouldn't have said so.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

It's fitting that someone with the handle Second Thoughts should weigh in on this thread.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It would be more fitting if his handle was third throughts...maybe fourth....or fifth...I've lost track

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Piotr, I love the sarcasm. (No, seriously.) I just have memories of Johnny Unitas in a Charger uniform at career's end and Joe Montana as a Chief and I'm thinking "there has to be a better way"... :)

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Favre won't win the competition ... he's going to be traded the moment someone offers second- and sixth-round picks the moment their quarterback goes down in a preseason game. And then if Favre doesn't want to play for his new team, then it's on him.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I say let him come back, but the next time he wants to "retire", there will be no press conference and no tears. He already used them all up.

I think the entire thing is a stupid idea and I've talked to several of my Packer friends who are sick and tired of Favre and his never-ending retirement bullshit. I'm sick of him and I don't live anywhere near Green Bay and wouldn't even care, except for I have to see it every hour on the hour, thanks to ESPN.

I hope Rodgers completely alienates him in the "competition."

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He should be forced to work with the guys who will be tending bar on September 7th.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hopefully those will be the guys blocking for him once the preseason starts...

Draft saved Draft deleted