1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers to Rodgers: Well, not so fast...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by armageddon, Aug 3, 2008.

1. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

I know we are all Favred to death these days, but it appears the Aaron Rodgers era might have to wait yet again...

Let the circus begin, especially with the sold-out scrimmage tonight. :eek:

http:www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/3/2008&id=44239

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rodgers should announce his retirement.

4. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Given his history, he'll suffer an injury in the process.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

when does favre's contract expire?

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

It's what they should have done from the get go. Let him come back, make it an open competition and may the best man win. I have no idea why this had to get so complicated.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

if it goes this way -- as well it should and must -- why would ANYONE be surprised? it's best for all, including rodgers.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I look at it this way -- Green Bay's management was risking alienation of the entire city in the process. Favre has tremendous backing among that city's residents. Hell, he could run for governor of Wisconsin and likely win.

Best to avoid the obviously bad PR move. It sucks for Rodgers, but if I'm his agent I ask for a trade if he loses the starter's job after competing for it fair and square.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is good right? I mean if Favre plays 90 percent as well as he did last year the Pack makes the playoffs right?

And if Rodgers beats him out than the team is in even better shape

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah, don't want to alienate the fans in that sprawling metropolis. The season ticket waiting list might go down from 20,000 to 19,000 people.

Any Packer fan who still supports Favre after he has deliberately made himself bigger than the franchise (and thus, the town and fans), I question their judgment.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

My money's on Rodgers.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

BOTH DOLLARS?

Draft saved Draft deleted