1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers to Favre: You can be Rodgers' backup......take that!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Sure, we have a Favre thread already, but I thought this was so awesome, it deserved its own thread.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Get out the shovel. The petty parade continues to lower the bar.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

While I can't imagine an optimal scenario for the Packers in this situation, this is probably close to the worst thing they could have done.
    Take some time, think things over. This was more of a knee-jerk reaction.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Favre was pretty fucking selfish for asking to come back after retiring. Especially after the team began to make serious plans for life after his retirement.

Then he comes along and decides he wants to play again? After dragging his team through yet another round of will he or won't he?

Brett should have stayed retired or he should have never retired.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Favre brought this on himself. He's been a Hall of Fame manipulator for years. His latest stunt in March was the last straw for Thompson and the organization. They got tired, rightfully, of him playing selfish games and moved on. But Brett couldn't stand for that. He is the antithesis of a team player, and this latest episode is the prime example of that.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

He really doesn't have any other options now, does he? It's not like he can threaten to sit out the entire season

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

This is the first part of the Favre story that has been interesting to me.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

He should call their bluff. Take the backup job. Rodgers will be injured by the third quarter of the first game.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Packers will trade him, probably to an AFC team. They never were going to grant his release because it probably would have led to him signing with the Vikings or the Bears.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Penn State should sack up the way the Packers have regarding an icon.

11. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Or the Vikings. I wish Favre would just go away already.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Yet he still takes them to bowl games year after year.

Draft saved Draft deleted