1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packer & Knight have gone someplace where they can't hurt us anymore

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 13, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fox Sports Net!

This is the perfect marriage of irrelevance and past-its-prime suckitude. Love Packer's quote:

"I remember a few years ago I said to myself, 'Hey Billy, you know this has to stop sometime. And what are going to be the keys for you to not broadcast anymore if I have 100 percent control?"' Packer said. "There's only so much time you have in life to do things you want to do, and so this Vegas idea and putting this stuff together ... that's stuff I'd like to do."

Translated into Packerfish: "FSN is desperate, has airtime by the barrel that it needs to fill and will let us act like assholes as long as it means it doesn't have to air some Billy Mays infomercial in prime time."
  2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Just a couple more talking heads in an increasingly crowded field.

Back in the day, these sort of things were interesting. Now, there's one of them on about four different channels 24/7, plus the internet and mobile phones. It's like we are swamped by talking heads: sports, politics, you name it.
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

More Packer and Knight = less Texas hold 'em and BDSSP.

An equal trade.
  4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yet another level of hypocrisy reached by the officious Little General, Robert Montgomery.
  5. Man, that's going to be some raving suckitude.
Draft saved Draft deleted