1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packer fan car salesman at Chicago dealer won't remove Packer tie; gets fired.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by IllMil, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine is from Pittsburgh, is a diehard Steelers fans works for one of Steve Bisciotti's companies in Baltimore now. When they have "team jersey Friday" he always wears his Steelers jersey. A couple of times Bisciotti's been in the building and seen my friend and razzed him a little bit about it, especially if the Ravens are playing the Steelers that weekend. He's never had his job threatened over it, but then again I guess thats what happens when you work for companies run by adults. The average car dealership general manager is an adrenaline-driven hammerhead.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Key phrase BYM2: "when they have team jersey Friday."

What if he wore that Steelers jersey the day after the Steelers beat the Ravens in the playoffs?

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is the point I was going to make. But we all know that nothing people do ought to surprise us. You probably could count on some idiot complaining to the guy's boss, "I want to buy a car but damn if I'm doing it from a Packers fan."

4. The stories don't match here. Roberts says Stone was given five chances to take it off. Stone says he offered to zip his sweater up over the tie and was fired. Someone's not telling the truth.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Me thinks the manager didn't want this guy around to start with.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

me thinks this was a personality conflict months in the making that ended with this. All of us know people who have been fired for certain reasons that are stated while the real reasons are totally different.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Should Elaine Benes take off her Orioles cap in Steinbrenner's box?

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

YGBFKM owns a car dealership?

9. J Staley

J Staley Member

Except for the fact the salesman sold 14 cars in a month and never had a complaint. The boss also said if he had worn the tie on a Saturday, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Salesman's better off not working for a guy like that.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And the boss is better off without the guy who can't follow simple directions.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Simple directions that the boss had no right to give. Unless it's experessly written somewhere he can't wear a Packers tie, then fuck the boss.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When you are directly interacting with the public on behalf of the company, the boss has every right to dictate how you appear to that public.

Draft saved Draft deleted