1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pack it up, Hillary ... you're done

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She knows how to play the game. Currying favor with columnists to evade the full force of potential wrath is as old as newspapers, and lots of the biggest names in the print world play it.

2. You have to be kidding.
    HRC, getting a break from "the biggest names in the print world." As opposed to Obama's coverage. In this campaign?
    Wow.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

It absolutely floors me that people believe Hillary Clinton has been a media darling for the last 15 years.

Then again, with the cognitive dissonance that has engulfed this country since 2000, I guess it shouldn't.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's absolutely no question in my mind that Obama has been the media favorite during this campaign.

My only regret in HRC's apparent loss (it was essentially a coin flip for me as to which was my third choice and which was my fourth after Kucinich and Edwards) is that so many people who call themselves Democrats saw fit to morph into Rush Limbaugh and borrow the same mean-spirited attacks against her. It's been sad to watch.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And of course you believe everything they say.

And as far as Hillary and the media, she'll always have CNN.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read an article late last fall about how the campaigns were paying top dollar for those media strategists with a pipeline to Drudge.

7. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

CNN's latest poll has Obama leading 50-46 in Texas. Last week, it was 50-48 for Hillary.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/25/texas.poll/index.html

8. You truly are a fool.
    And Texas and Ohio will be the end of things. She might lose both of them.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If so - by Friday she will be giving what will become known as her "Buddy" speech.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'm waiting for this "vast right-wing conspiracy" victim speech now, like "Drudge did this to me. See? You can't trust Republicans (subtle for "McCain") and the rest I won't comment about. (subtle for "America won't forgive Barack for dressing as a Muslim and looking reverent.").

Che, you're not going anywhere for now. The Av stays.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

And it might be worse than that, as the Texas system is so odd, some sort of primary/caucus hybrid that's weighted in favor of congressional districts that have delivered for the Dems in previous general elections. Tilts the board, as I understand it, away from heavily Hispanic districts (more prone to vote in primaries, less prone to vote in the general) and toward districts with more African American voters (always a focus of general election Dem GOTV efforts).

12. I hate to engage the notion that water is, indeed, wet, but there was a conspiracy. It was well-funded, if not necessarily vast. It injected a lot of hopeless bullshit about the Clintons into the national dialogue, which was the point of it all along, and elements of it are now beginning to go to work on Obama

Draft saved Draft deleted