1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pac-Man wants TNA (wrestling TNA, that is)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 30, 2007.

1. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Don't forget Brian Pillman (former Bengal), Steve Mongo McMichael, Kevin Greene and Reggie White. And who can forget LT's Wrestlemania appearance against Bam Bam Bigelow, oddly another wrestler who died way too young.

I'm waiting for TNA to sign Michael Vick so the company can have he and Pacman tag-team against the Pitbulls in a steel cage match at their upcoming PPV event in Atlanta. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Except one of the Pitbulls is dead.

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

True. I'm sure they could get the Dogfaced Gremlin Rick Steiner to fill in, dog collar and all.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Excellent editing. I completely agree with your changes.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

From Meltzer's wrestlingobserver.com update today:

-TNA announced Pacman Jones' signing late last night and announced his debut on Impact on Thursday. The story was in, among other places, USA Today and the front page of Yahoo. Jones will be in a taped inset on the show where he'll announce being at the Hard Justice PPV on Sunday. He will announce more during an interview on the PPV. They announced he will be wrestling, even though the Titans have claimed it would violate his contract, and Jeff Jarrett is training him in a ring TNA has set up in Jones' backyard . We had heard all along TNA expects him to wrestle at least twice, if not more. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was asked about Jones wrestling and said it's up to Jones to decide what he wants to do. It's said the Titans don't want him actually wrestling saying it's a contract violation.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dave Meltzer reports...
    Pacman is an idiot.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

The Titans says 'not gonna happen.'

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=215878

Associated Press

8/10/2007 5:01:22 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Titans have asked a court to prohibit suspended cornerback Adam (Pacman) Jones from participating in wrestling.

Jones is scheduled to make his debut with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling on Sunday in a pay-per-view event titled ''Hard Justice.''

Citing their contract with Jones, the team said it asked a Tennessee court to intervene in order ''to protect our rights in this in this instance.''

''All NFL players have language in their contracts that prohibit them from engaging in activities `which may involve a significant risk of personal injury,''' said a statement from team spokesman Robbie Bohren. ''We certainly believe wrestling to be hazardous, and it is obvious from the player's conduct that he is ignoring this aspect of his agreements with the club.''

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Active football players have wrestled before. Kevin Greene comes to mind. Unless there's something Pacman's doing that puts him in unique danger, like say a scaffold match, precedent works in his favor.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

According to Mortensen, the Titans just want to cover their ass if and when they trade Jones. They don't want a deal rescinded if Jones has a long term injury that's directly attributable to wrestling.

10. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Who in the heck is going to trade for Jones? If I were the Titans, I would have cut him months ago. Titans fans are half-and-half with this kid. I think if they got rid of him, they would receive tons of praise.

A good point was made by one of the Las Vegas bouncers in an article I just read online. Jeff Jarrett of TNA knew, and supposedly, worked with the wrestling bouncers at that strip club. The bouncer mentioned the shoot style that some wrestlers use to purposely injure someone. He asks if TNA was signing Pacman to teach him a lesson. That was something I had never thought of. He says TNA may have signed him with the plan to have one of their guys teach him a lession for what he did to Urbanski, a former wrestler as wrestlers consider themselves in their own fraternity of sorts. I personally don't think TNA would do anything like that. With that said, their ratings didn't jump any last night. If Kurt Angle snapped Pacman's ankle, TNA would probably get more positive press than anything they've ever done.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

There are always teams who will take a chance on talent.

And, guaranteed, with TNA doing shit ratings, not one of their wrestlers will shoot on Pacman. TNA management believes Pacman plus media exposure plus TV ratings plus PPV buys equals more money.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No TNA for Pacman:

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_21248.shtml

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqhiqoXMT5NJxNdStoaAvyA5nYcB?slug=ap-pacman-tickets&prov=ap&type=lgns

Draft saved Draft deleted