1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pac-Man wants TNA (wrestling TNA, that is)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Pacman, just when I think you couldn't get any dumber, you go off and do something like this ... and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

God damn it. Just when I'd allowed myself to forget the abject horror that was Steve McMichael in a wrestling ring...

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

And Pacman's supposedly getting to play the role of the good guy. I wonder if the money he makes off this goes to the Tommy Urbanski fund... since Urbanski was a pro wrestler and all.

4. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Well, it looks as if Fisher and the Titans are going to keep Pac's from "Makin' It Rain" on down to the ring.

<A href="http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070731/SPORTS01/707310371">PACMAN RASSLIN'​

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Different Manny Fernandez. Was a defensive lineman for the Dolphins in the early 1970s, and a damn good one too. He was part of the 1972 team.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought seeking TNA was what got Pacman in trouble in the first place

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

He could be a manager who offers bags of cash to wrestlers for a bounty or perhaps for the TNA females on the show.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's official

I don't know how he's going to make his in-ring debut on Thursday, since that show's already been taped, but if they can shake up the plans to accommodate the boring Andrew "Test" Martin, they can do it for this weinus.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Not all publicity is good.

TNA is about to learn that lesson.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It can't be worse than the other reported guys coming in to TNA, Rikishi and A-Train. And here I thought TNA was financially strapped for cash, but it sure looks to me like this -- cruiserweights are either about to be squashed by all of this heavyweight focus in TNA, the cruisers will go to WWE and lose to Hornswoggle and become a joke or they'll all go to ROH and give it a huge boost in name talent.

With Pacman going to TNA, this reeks of Dennis Rodman-Karl Malone-DDP-Jay Leno-Hulk Hogan era of WCW. Wrestling fans know things run in cycles with storylines and it appears TNA is ready to go for broke with something WCW did less than 10 years ago.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fixed

12. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

The Rock, Lex Luger and Ron Simmons were all football players, as well, at least at the college level.

Draft saved Draft deleted